Can you make lasagna without pasta? Why yes, you can. I didn’t even miss the pasta! Zucchini and squash are officially the best substitutions for pasta.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 large squashes
- 1 cup no salt added tomato sauce (I used Sprouts Tomato Sauce)
- 2/3 cup tofu, diced
- 9 large spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese (fat free would be better)
- 1/3 cup Soysation cheese shreds
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash the zucchini, squash, spinach leaves, and tofu.
- Cut the ends off the zucchinis and squashes.
- Using a mandoline, create slices of zucchini and squash.
- In a food processor, puree the tofu and spinach leaves. Add in some salt and pepper.
- Use the olive oil spray to coat the bottom of a dish.
- Lay the ingredients in the following order: zucchini, tomato sauce, squash, ricotta, zucchini, tofu mixture, squash, ricotta, tomato sauce, and cheese shreds.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. In the last five minutes, top the lasagna with more cheese shreds.
- Let the lasagna cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.